A few hours ago SCOM 2016 UR7 was released at
The main list of fixes is:
- Fixed: Cannot use SQLOleDB.dll to probe databases like Oracle/MySQL.
- Improved the performance of SCOM console in listing the groups.
- Operations Manager grooms out the alert history only on an alert closure.
- Agents by Health State report shows duplicate agent names.
- Users of a scoped group are not able to use the Console.
- Fixed an issue that prevented addition of a group in the Storage Spaces Direct 2016 management pack dashboard.
- SCOM Network Device Re-Discovery now probes for SNMP V3 devices too.
- Fixed re-registering for SNMP Traps in the Proxy Management Server.
- Windows Computer Property “NetbiosDomainName” is not discovered properly.
- SCOM console crashes while trying to connect to Azure Log Analytics and Azure Monitor.
- Linux agent is not able to get the correct version and port details for JBoss EAP 7.1.
- An issue that lead to creation of multiple empty temp files in the /tmp directory of Linux servers has been fixed.
- Fixed the formatting issue with the output for the task ‘Top10 CPU Processes’ when using Windows Management Infrastructure (MI) APIs.
- XPlat agent now supports monitoring of SUSE-11 SP4 platform with Security Module installed on it for TLS 1.2 compliance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the corruption of /etc/login.cfg file on AIX 7 machines during install/upgrade of the agent.
- AIX Agent is now transitioned to 64-bit package to accommodate more stack and heap space if needed to avoid any stack/heap overflow which occasionally leads to heartbeat failure.
- Free memory calculation accommodated appropriately on RHEL-7 platform.
The installation is as usual:
Install on Management Servers first. Implement the SQL script and applicable management packs. Next go through all the SCOM infrastructure roles to upgrade those. Next go to the consoles and agents.
A few things to keep in mind!!
In the install notes is stated that you need to have SCOM 2016 UR2 installed (at least) before applying UR7.
Also if you install a fresh SCOM instance the advice is to wait several hours after initial installation of the SCOM infrastructure components before installing the Update Rollup.
Now it’s time to go forth and download UR7 from
http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4492182 or of course to use another updating mechanism to update your SCOM 2016 installations.